About Our Parish

 

Holy Name is one of five Roman Catholic Churches in Stratford, and is a part of the Diocese of Bridgeport.  Before our founding, only St James Church existed in the town. Our founding was in 1923, with the main building being built in 1940. In 1991, the members of the Parish of St John Nepomucene of Bridgeport merged with Holy Name. Although we were founded as a “Mother Church of Slovaks,” our parish family today comes from a variety of cultural backgrounds, though we still pay homage to our Slovak origins with several traditions.

 

Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!